POSTING NUMBER: 2020-57
POSITION: Nurse, Regular Part-Time
UNION: HSA or BCNU – Nurses’ Bargaining Unit
PROGRAM: Skyline Lodge, Abbotsford
SALARY RANGE: $35.53 – $46.65
HOURS OF PAY: 15 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Saturday & Sunday: 0700 hrs to 1500 hrs
START DATE: October 18, 2020
All candidates subject to a criminal records check.
Qualifications and job description attached.
Please indicate posting number 2020-57 when sending applications and resumes to: email@example.com
** Days and hours of work may change.
At MPA Society, the unique capabilities and talents of our employees are our greatest asset. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhance our ability to work in partnership with the diverse communities and people we serve. MPA Society hires on the basis of merit, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Description – Nurse R.P.N/R.N
Classification benchmark: Direct Patient Care Profile Classification Level 3
Grid level: Level 3 (RN/RPN)
Collective Agreement: Nurses’ Bargaining Association (NBA)
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Functions and Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations in the absence of the full time Manager of
Care. This includes ensuring compliance with the Adult Care Regulations and the Community
Care and Assisted Living Facilities Act, the policies and requirements of Fraser Health and the
philosophy of the MPA Society. Provides leadership and direction to the frontline mental health
workers and the recreation therapist ensuring all care related activities are recovery focused and
based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
1. Provide direct nursing care utilizing established standards, policies, and procedure to support
the needs of members/residents.
2. Perform nursing assessments in response to noted deviations from baseline functioning,
including goals and needs related to physical, psychological, social concerns.
3. Implement recovery plans including goals and interventions, desired outcomes, in
collaboration with the member and the Mental Health Team.
4. Observe and report changes in physical and psychiatric symptoms
5. Dispense medication in accordance with licensing regulations and pharmacy policies and
6. Monitor and assess member’s response to medication regime, assess for side effects and
7. Guide non-professional staff in the implementation of care plans.
8. Maintain records on member’s health care requirements, medication, vital signs, and other
pertinent data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
9. Provide education to members/residents regarding health care issues
10. Liaise with community agencies such as the Mental Health Team and physicians
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Care.
Education, Training & Experience
1. RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or equivalent consideration of education and
2. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a psychiatric residential community care facility.
3. Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. TB clearance and medical certification.
6. Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Compensation $35.53 – $46.65 CAD $35.53 – $46.65 Month
- Address 33134 Marshall Rd, Abbotsford, British Columbia V2S 1K5, Canada