Front Counter Clerk
Regular Full-Time (35 hours per week)
The City of White is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams. The City is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The RCMP Detachment seeks a customer-orientated and self-motivated individual to join their department in the Front Counter Clerk role on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Manager, RCMP Support Services, this position provides varied support including providing information and assistance to the public by handling inquiries and complaints, processing requests for Police Information Checks, taking police reports, maintaining Detachment security relating to visitors, maintaining records, files, and statistics. Other duties include but are not limited to transcribing audio statements and updating various social media accounts.
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by related experience preferably in an RCMP policing environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong clerical skills and knowledge and ability to operate police databases, including CPIC, PRIME and other related computer systems including Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and sound knowledge of business English.
- Ability to process Police Information Checks and permits related to the work, such as special event permits.
- Ability to direct public inquiries to the appropriate section / member.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, files, reports, and statistics related to front counter.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to process inquiries, and complaints and provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner, reflecting a strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to accurately take reports on a variety of complaints and to complete PRIME entries.
- Outstanding multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize workloads in a busy working environment.
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures governing the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of cash handling procedures and practices.
- Preference will be given to those with a current RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance.
In return for your valued contributions, you can expect a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team. The annual salary for this unionized position is $45,221 – $54,312 (2019) with comprehensive benefits offered. If you are a qualified applicant and you feel you can help us continuously push for excellence and are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment we invite you to apply. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume and certifications for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Midnight, May 16, 2021
Submit your application: Click Here
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
- Address 15322 Buena Vista Avenue White Rock, BC, Canada