Technical Support Specialist
(Regular Full Time – 35 hours per week)
The City of White is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams. The City is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay
The Information Technology (IT) Department seeks an individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety-first attitude to join their team. The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for technical support and problem resolution services to the City and detachment of the RCMP. The successful candidate will be able to effectively investigate and resolves equipment, software, hardware and coding problems, referring complex unresolved issues to appropriate staff. This role will include making recommendations for replacement or upgrades to equipment; physically setting up equipment, installing or coordinating the installation and configuration of hardware and software; setting up user groups, assisting users with troubleshooting, software applications, in the use of equipment, systems administration tasks and provides or arranges for user training.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in information technology and/or network system technology plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of practices and procedures related to the installation and operation of computer hardware and software used in the work.
- Considerable knowledge of computer hardware, multi-function devices, audio-video equipment, networking hardware, cloud-computing platforms, virtual machines and related components; and of the policies and procedures governing computer operations as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety-first attitude.
- Ability to investigate, document, assess and resolve hardware and software problems and to liaise with technical specialists on the more complex problems.
- Ability to identify problems, solutions, improvements and additional needs related to the operation of the systems.
- Ability to use computers, office applications, cloud-computing platforms, diagnostic tools, database and other software to develop and implement course material and user guides using same.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to provide instructions, virtual and/or in-person training to users.
- Ability to lift and set up computers and related equipment.
- Skill in the operation of equipment used in the work.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
- Applicants under consideration will be required to obtain a RCMP Security Clearance.
In return for your valued contributions, you can expect a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team. If you are a qualified applicant and you feel you can help us continuously push for excellence and are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment we invite you to apply. The annual wage of this unionized position is $58,895 – $69,341 (2019 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. Please submit your cover letter, resume and driver abstract for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m., June 30, 2021
Submit your application: Click Here
Thank you for your application. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
- Address 15322 Buena Vista Avenue White Rock, BC, Canada