WHO WE ARE
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
Note: This will be a full time fixed term role for 12 + Months.
As part of the Finance team, we are responsible for the overall integrity, controls and reporting of lululemon’s global inventory. With over $500M in inventory spread across 490+ stores and 8 distribution centers, we take pride in providing the business and our investors with accurate inventory information. Reporting to the Director, Sales & Inventory Accounting, the Accounting Manager, focusing on Inventory Accounting, provides leadership to their team and is responsible for the Company’s inventory accounting for all global entities under US GAAP. As the Accounting Manager you will have a desire for continuous improvement and professional curiosity to our systems and results.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
• Manage a team of 3 accountants who are responsible for the accurate accounting of global inventory and costs of sales.
• Review & approve financial journal entries associated with inventory, COGS & sales provisions.
• Review & approve account reconciliations & ensure compliance with/application of inventory SOX controls
• Perform technical accounting analysis to reach conclusions on proper accounting treatments related to ASC 330 (inventory) and ASC 606 (revenue) under US GAAP.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors and manage their requests and queries for consolidated & statutory accounting requirements
• Support business activities as an SME related to inventory costing & all accounting implications of inventory transactions
• Escalate issues & partner with system teams to resolve the inventory ERP
issues, provide (or approve) requirements of all system changes/enhancements, partner with systems team to ensure system testing is completed appropriately.
• 4+ years of post-CPA qualification professional work experience
• Experience working for or with multi-jurisdictional companies
• Advanced Excel skills, including extensive use of pivot tables, v-lookups and comfort with complex spreadsheets.
• Experience with Oracle EBS and/or Oracle RMS is an asset
• Excellent teamwork & interpersonal skills with demonstrated abilities to motivate, coach and mentor a team.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, adjust to changing priorities and capable of meeting tight timelines;
• Able to effectively balance short term practicality and long-term accuracy & scale when assessing accounting options;
• Desire to suggest alternatives and ideas for improvement.
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for your life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• A desire and capability to build partnerships in the community to make the world better.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka don’t take yourselves too seriously.
• Capable of demonstrating command skills and presence through the most challenging circumstances.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.