|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver H/O – Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
The Credit & Collections Associate will collect assigned Accounts Receivable as close to selling terms as possible, within established policies and practices, in a manner that results in sound, accurate receivables while maintaining excellent customer service.
They will maintain timely, accurate information that meets Credit Management requirements.
- Promptly identify overdue amounts for assigned customer base and implement systematic follow-up until collected.
- Clearly identify collection action taken on all records, including weekly Credit Exception and Aged Trial Balance reports.
- Immediately notify Credit Management of reported or suspected cash flow problems.
- Promptly, efficiently and economically provide special assistance to customers who require additional handling to ensure that our terms are met.
- Retain and enhance customer goodwill.
- Correspond with Canfor Foreign offices and Offshore Sales departments to assist with collection of accounts
- Investigate payment discrepancies and customer complaints and determine the appropriate action. Be responsible for consistent, persistent follow-up with customers and/or internal personnel that results in settlement of account.
- Identify and analyze payment patterns for assigned customer base; resolve unacceptable pay habits; obtain support from sales personnel for action taken.
- Initiate appropriate action on unearned discounts; negotiate where necessary, to recover, at least, cost of capital on late payments.
- Be responsive to individual customer needs for document distribution.
- Identify and implement cost effective methods of getting payments in faster so that divisional DSO goals are met.
- Observe changes for assigned customer base and accurately modify customer master file.
- Ensure that Company Profile and Comment screens contain current payment analysis information and special instructions.
- Provide relief for credit personnel as required.
- Resolve credit exceptions and release orders when applicable.
- Alert Director of Credit of suspicious payment activities related to offshore account payments
- Ensure that remittance and receivable information has been transmitted for the Divisional financial statements.
- Daily cash posting and balancing responsibilities
- Prepare, compile and store information used in the monthly and quarterly reports, Aged Trial Balance and Daily Sales Reports
- DSO statistics, general month end duties
- Evaluate the existing system and recommend improvements. Prepare proposals and follow through to implementation.
- Collect and maintain customer files for required Tax certificates
Required Skills & Education:
- High School graduate with completion of basic accounting and/or credit management course.
- Five years general business experience, including minimum four years of commercial collection experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Offshore Sales requirements including documentation requirements.
Our Talent Acquisition team is actively recruiting on this role and in order to be considered, please apply today!
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada