Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for entering, recording, maintaining financial records, maintaining program files, and processing applications, as well as assisting in fundraising, and special events.
Duties shall be performed in a professional and confidential manner. The Administrative Assistant will promote Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Cowichan Valley’s mandate, in accordance with the policies and procedures of the agency and national standards of Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Canada.
- Perform a range of bookkeeping tasks including maintaining Sage, Excel and paper-based records. Duties include preparing deposits, cheques, reconciling statements, petty cash, prepaids, payables and receivables.
- Assist with the preparation of grant requests and reports including maintenance of grant tracking database and allocation of expenses into appropriate departments in Sage.
- Prepare and file Charity Report, Gaming Summary Reports, GST return, WCB reports and T4s for Treasurer’s review.
- Post donations, prepare tax receipts and maintain a donation database.
- Perform payroll duties including maintaining sick, banked and vacation tracking
- Complete monthly financial statements for the Board and departmental statements for the ED, as requested.
- Assist with annual budget development and entry into Sage. Monitor budget monthly against actual financials.
- Review and adhere to financial policies.
- Audit preparation.
- Responsible for file client and volunteer file maintenance including data entry on CRM of all new applications, new matches, and closed files.
- Provide general administrative support to Executive Director, Service Delivery staff and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the administrative organization of agency special events and projects such as manuals, reports, and accreditation.
- Monitor and order office & program supplies.
- Manage agency correspondence and forward to appropriate staff or Board member.
- Act as a point of contact for visitors and phone inquiries.
- Manage donor base program and prepare thank-you responses.
- Share duty of maintaining a clean and orderly office.
- Social Media assistance, as required.
- Strong working knowledge of commonly used software, specifically Sage 50, Excel and Word.
- In depth knowledge of bookkeeping and strong internal controls.
- Experience within the non-profit sector, including working with a Board of Directors an asset.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction and supervision, and able to meet varied and concurrent time commitments.
- A commitment to maintain a high standard of proficiency and knowledge through structured professional development courses.
- High standard of professionalism and regard for confidentiality.
- Excellent written, oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Current driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Criminal Record Search upon commencement of employment.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address 217-80 Station Street, Duncan, BC