Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Join the Chief Financial Officer Team, where we use actuarial and financial foresight to improve housing affordability. Serves as a key contributor to the growth of intellectual capital across the business and influence the development of actuarial and financial knowledge of Canada’s mortgage sector. Support the Director of Actuarial and Capital Management and serve as a subject matter expert in Actuarial/Financial modelling and related tasks such as Actuarial Valuation and Capital Management.
• Develop and maintain actuarial valuation models used to project Mortgage Insurance Claims and perform the valuation of our policy liabilities.
• Develop and maintain our Financial Statement models used to project CMHC’s finance and capital position under different economic scenarios.
• Support the implementation of IFRS 17 and work with different stakeholders to assess its impact on CMHC’s finance, capital position, and pricing.
• Perform core actuarial and financial analyses such as Corporate Plan, Capital Plan, Financial Condition Testing (FCT), and Pricing oversight.
• Provide actuarial and financial advices to different groups within the corporation and present findings and recommendations to different senior management committees.
• Support the Director in providing leadership, coaching, and development to the Actuarial and Capital management team in both official languages (French and English)
• Bachelor degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as actuarial, finance, mathematics, economics, accounting, and statistics.
• Minimum of ten years of experience in modelling and quantitative analytics at an insurance company, bank, or other type of financial institution.
• Associate of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (ACIA) and pursuing Fellowship designation.
• Demonstrated expertise in Actuarial and financial modelling and expertise in the Valuation of Policy Liabilities and Financial Condition Testing.
• Demonstrated expertise in providing technical and business leadership.
• Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA).
• Strong knowledge of IFRS 17.
• Strong knowledge of Mortgage Insurance business.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5512
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC Vancouver, B.C., Canada