The City of Courtenay’s Recreation and Cultural Services Division is now accepting applications for AquaFit Instructors. This non-union, seasonal position is responsible for leading Aquatic fitness classes at Courtenay Memorial Outdoor Pool. Applicants must possess a current CALA or BCRPA aqua fitness certificate.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Minimum 17 years of age
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- CALA or BCRPA aqua fitness certificate
- Strong focus on teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and work effectively and efficiently with other staff
This position is available May 31st until September 2021. We are specifically looking to fill a Saturday morning class from 8:30AM – 9:30AM, but the position may also include coverage for classes at noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The wage rate starts at $20.00 per hour. An additional 4 % of gross wages is paid in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit a resume outlining how they meet the qualifications, along with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Aquafit Instructor” no later than May 13, 2021. Please submit through the APPLY button below.
We sincerely thank all applicants – only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
- Address 830 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC, Canada