The City of Courtenay invites applications for the permanent, part-time position of Arts & Leisure Programmer in the Recreation & Cultural Services Department. This is a union position subject to the terms and conditions in the collective agreement between the City and CUPE Local 556.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Arts & Leisure, the Arts & Leisure Programmer assists in the implementation, planning, supervision and evaluation of Arts & Leisure recreation programs and special events as directed by the Assistant Manager of Arts & Leisure recreation. Assists in the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, evaluation and scheduling of recreation volunteers and Arts & Leisure program instructors. Purchases program supplies & equipment, Assists in the marketing and promotion of Arts & Leisure recreation programs and volunteer recruitment. Assists in monitoring and evaluation of Arts & Leisure recreation programs, special events, and the volunteer program.
- Degree or Diploma in Recreation from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent education and experience
- Current First Aid Emergency Level – Industry and CPR Level A & C
- Sound (3 years) experience in the delivery of Arts & Leisure community recreational programs including summer camps
- Some (minimum 2 years) supervisory experience
- Experience with recreation software, programming and scheduling applications
- Volunteer management
- Sound knowledge of Arts & Leisure recreation programs and activities, including summer camps
- Sound knowledge of the principles of High Five and experience implementing into programming
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time-management, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques
- Highly motivated and ability to work as a team and independently
- Strong technical skill in computer software applications: MS Word, Outlook, Excel & Recreation Software
- Strong leadership skills and abilities to provide and promote positive values and recreational benefits
- Physical ability to frequently lift heavy objects such as tables and equipment
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including days, afternoon, evenings, weekday and weekends as required for operational requirements
- Current Criminal Record Clearance
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRING
- Valid or willing to obtain BC Class 4 Driver’s License
- High Five certification
This is a regular part-time position consisting of a minimum of 21 hours each week. The current hourly wage is $30.24.
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter clearly outlining how they meet the requirements for this position by April 25, 2021 through the APPLY button below.
Date Posted: April 13, 2021
- Address 830 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC, Canada