Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Join the Client Solution Team, where we collaborate with our partners to solve housing affordability challenges. In this role, you will be able to utilize your superior analytical skills and passion for process improvement to improve housing affordability within the Indigenous and Northern Housing Solutions Team.
• Lead the development and operationalization of procedures and measurement for Indigenous and Northern housing programs including National Housing Strategy, Section 95 On-reserve, Renovation Programs On-reserve and Skills and capacity development initiatives.
• Develop a variety of written documentation, presentations, reports, and briefing materials for colleagues and management.
• Ensure procedures accurately reflect reality and meet client needs.
• Help define operational measurements, track success and report on operational efficiency.
• Provide effective risk management and audit support and corrective action management.
• Own operational issues and work collaboratively to troubleshoot under tight timelines.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as Social Science, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of three years of experience using analytical and reporting tools, including Microsoft Suite reporting tools (such as Advanced Excel, Dynamics 365, Client Relationship Management (CRM), PowerBI, Data Flow).
• Expert analytical skills (identify and analyze trends, patterns or connections between issues)
• Demonstrated ability to lead or manage multiple projects / project teams at the same time
• Demonstrated ability to analyze business processes and/or procedure design, workflows while making recommendations and providing advice.
• Bilingualism (French and English).
• Solid understanding of National Housing Strategy programs and / or On-reserve Housing programs and the unique housing needs of Indigenous and Northern clients.
• Solid understanding of the Canadian housing market (construction, rental, multi-unit development).
• Experience or certification using lean process improvement methodologies such as Lean Six-Sigma.
• Experience in risk management or audit and evaluation.
• Experience working on initiatives with political and cultural sensitivities
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5312
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC Vancouver, B.C., Canada