Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Victoria
Job Type: Temporary
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
As our Business Banking Officer, you’ll be the friendly face that meets with our business customers to provide helpful service, despite your serious-sounding title. Our brand revolves around helpfulness. And you will be the person bringing our brand to life as you support the unique needs of our small to medium business owners and operators. You are a sales pro and our customers rely on your expertise to uncover their needs and suggest the best product or service needed to help them achieve their goals.
You will work in the same community as your members in this branch-based position, and you will have the opportunity to network with and on-board new customers. In addition, if you have your heart set on a long-term career in commercial and business banking, this position is a great stepping stone towards your future goals.
What you’ll get to do:
- Get a natural high from delivering a positive and unexpected customer experience to our business customers as you open business accounts, assist with deposits or withdrawals and process bill payments.
- Have fun engaging customers in “The Where You’re At Business Chat” to help your customers grow and protect their business assets.
- Work as a high-performing team member to ensure all checks and balances are completed around policies and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively and creatively offer helpful solutions and alternatives to customer inquiries.
- Earn high-fives from your managers and peers for achieving sales and referrals targets in a needs based sales environment.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who are excited about working with small business to provide simple financial help and promote our fantastic products and services. You’re a natural relationship-builder, love meeting new people and can engage in helpful conversations flawlessly focused on the customer’s needs.
- You have at least one year of experience helping customers in a sales oriented environment. Previous experience in a bank or credit union is preferred where you had exposure to lending, commercial banking, portfolio management and/or business development and you used your x-ray vision to spot sales and referral opportunities.
- You are excited to share with the world what you learned during your post-secondary education in finance, business administration or a related field. And you aren’t done learning; you have a desire to know more.
- You are a big fan of team work and demonstrate your team spirit every day.
- You are a multi-tasking prodigy, able to efficiently and effectively prioritize and organize what needs to get done coupled with a high attention to detail.
- You love numbers and think a fun day involves analyzing financial statements to formulate creative and effective banking strategies for your customers.
- You are goal-driven and self-motivated, demonstrating top-notch sales skills, including evidence of reaching and exceeding identified targets
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.