SCAR (Strategy Capacity Analytics and Research) team that supports Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) org is seeking an exemplary Business Intelligence Engineer with broad technical skills to help build the infrastructure and tools required to support a new, fast growing business. The ideal candidate will draw upon advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills, software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable, distributed systems which operate 24/7/365. You will work with analytic tools, write excellent scripts, partner with customers to answer key business questions, and act as an advocate for your customers. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, implement new solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. We look for candidates who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun.
The complexity of research and skills for a Data Engineer is well beyond basic data entry and extraction. It involves design and development of automated data pipelines, sophisticated analytical model and intuitive data visualization. In addition, this role is on a large analytical team that supports a wide range of businesses. This role has great exposure to a broad scope that can really help shape the future of operational fulfillment and promotes career progression.
Main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
– Perform data extraction, manipulation and production from database tables
– Create automated tools via VBA and connection to streamline process execution
– Create data flows and develop/manage new metrics
– Design, implement and validate complex logic using queries
– Support analytical researches and provide recommendations to business challenges
· Bachelors degree in quantitative or technical discipline and/or 2+ years of Amazon experience.
· 1+ years of industry experience
· Prior experience in database and data table design
· Prior experience working with large data sets and writing complex statements including query and server optimization
· Prior experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
· 3+ years of experience in a business intelligence, business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
· Prior experience conducting advanced statistical analysis
· Prior experience with product design/management
· Prior experience working with Tableau reporting software
· Proficiency in a programming language
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and experience creating tools and reports with VBA
· Prior experience working with a coding language (Ruby//Java)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Address 510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 0M3, Canada