Closing date : March 15, 2021
As part of our RACE21™ business transformation program, we’re looking for a Change Lead to join our team. As we evolve our existing culture to support our digitally innovative vision, your role will be pivotal in ensuring our transition is smooth and sustainable.
You will be working with an existing change and engagement team to build and expand on their existing strategy. You need to be a self-starter, quick to learn and build trust. As a trusted advisor this role will provide a blend of support from leadership coaching, strategy, and hands on implementation. It is an exciting environment to work in but the pace is fast, and with a focus on delivery (or progress) over perfection. Given the size and the scope of this transformation, the initiatives you will be working on are very varied and span across people, process, and technology.
*This role is a 6 month contract, with potential for extension
- Work closely with key stakeholders to define areas of the program, and understand the impact of the change
- Create and deliver program and initiative level change and engagement strategies
- Facilitate workshops and engagements to support the progress of our transformation
- Find creative and innovative ways to engage stakeholders
- Provide or facilitate the delivery of OCM related training
- Support the development of key engagement activities across the program
- Translate and simplify technical language into plain English, using an informal and friendly tone
- Proactively look for opportunities to strengthen our approach to managing change
- Provide leadership and oversight to our engagement consultants and specialists who you will be working closely along side
- Must have 5+ years experience in organizational change management
- Must have strong skills and experience of the Microsoft Office suite (MS Teams and SharePoint is a benefit)
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a digital or IT environment would be a benefit
- Experience managing culture change and org design changes would be a benefit
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve, stay organized and manage multiple assignments
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to maintain and ensure accuracy
- Ability to work effectively both individually, and in a collaborative, team setting
- Capable of working efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to measure their own effectiveness and demonstrate value
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada