Closing Date: April 30, 2021
Reporting to the Cloud Infrastructure Lead, Teck Digital Systems, the primary task of the Cloud Infrastructure Developer, will be software and systems engineering, in support of data engineering, machine learning, and analytics workloads in the Microsoft Azure environment.
Working closely with other operations and product groups, as well as architecture teams, to facilitate Teck’s cloud expansion, analytics, and migration initiatives. A good agile developer is keen to get their hands dirty, and actively helps the team to solve the biggest problems. This individual is an executor behind the technical solution.
***There are a number of positions available for this role, and both Full-Time and Contract are available.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Consulting and working very closely with various business stakeholders to design the overall technological design on the solution based on predefined standards
- Deliver and support complex built-as-code infrastructure solutions
- Deploy, support, and optimize highly scalable, fault tolerant cloud solutions in support of data engineering, machine learning and analytics projects
- Optimize new and already provisioned solutions for availability, scalability, security and cost
- Deliver re-usable, flexible, built-as-code infrastructure solutions
- Drive adoption of validated solution templates across the organization
- Challenge the status quo and seek new and better ways of solving technical problems
- Minimum of five + years expereince in technology including two + years in cloud infrastructure development (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience with Automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solutions, specifically Terraform (v0.12 and above)
- Hands-on expereince with additional Azure cloud services including:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Networking
- Azure Key Vault
- Azure Storage Services
- Azure App Services
- Azure Databases
- Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS)
- Azure Data Factory, Databricks
- Azure IoT Services
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environment, CI/CD and application lifecycle management
- Strong understanding of containerization technologies and platforms, specifically Kubernetes and Azure Container Instances
- Strong coding and scripting skills i.e. NodeJS, Go, PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Expereince in an Agile/DevOps environment, CI/CD and applicaiton lifecycle management i.e. GitHub Actions, CircleCI or Azure DevOps
- Considerable knowledge and application of: IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, FaaS
- Considerable expereince with GitHub and other version control systems
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units Agile Experience
- Experience managing technical priorities within the backlog
- Excited about trying new solutions outside standard approved
- Be a team member as part of technical customer engagements
- Excellent problem solving skills in resolving issues with complex systems
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High energy and passionate individual who is inspired to reach maximum potential
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate within a distributed team as well as other departments at all levels of the organization
- Embraces a culture of trust and complete transparency
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada