The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
Bill Copeland Sports Centre and Kensington Complex Arena Services are looking for Contract Skating Instructors who are committed to working with children and families to deliver fun and productive skating lessons for our community. Our staff team is welcoming applications for our Recreational Skating Lessons for the September to March Ice Season.
This role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of duties related to arena programs; plan and implement skating lessons for all ages and have a passion for working with children
- Motivate students by providing a positive, safe and fun learning environment in our skating lessons
- Knowledge of skating instruction techniques and skill progressions
- Assess and evaluate participants’ skating skills and to write constructive progress cards
- Providing support to team members as well as excellent customer service and communication skills
- Perform other related work as required
The qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of Grade 10 high school education
- Previous work with children in a recreation setting or work as a skating instructor is an asset
- Successful completion of Emergency First Aid (8+ hour emergency) and CPR “C” is required prior to first shift
- Recreational Ice Skating Instructor’s Course and High Five Training are assets.
- You must provide your own skates and a CSA-approved hockey or snow sports helmet.
You must be available to work any of these times:
Mondays & Wednesdays 1:15 PM – 3:30 PM
Thursdays 1:15 PM – 3:30 PM
Mondays 3:00 PM – 7:30 PM & Wednesdays 3:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Saturdays 8:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Sundays 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Selected candidates will be required to attend an on-ice evaluation session.
Please apply online by June 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets will be required at the time of the interview.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search.
- Address 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada