Controller, Finance Department – Creative Rehabilitation Services Ltd.
Penticton and Kelowna, BC, Canada
Do you have a passion for developing teams, coordinating budgets and forecasts, and providing financial and analytical support? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Creative Rehabilitation Services Ltd. (C.R.S.) is proud to provide quality health care to our many clients. We have always strived to be an inclusive and supportive workplace. We have a great team and workplace culture. We value flexible working options for young parents and people who might need the flexibility to care for a family.
The company Controller participates as a member of the C.R.S. Team. The controller coordinates relevant, timely, and accurate financial and statistical information gathering and reporting to the company owners, the leadership team, and senior management. The position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to sector divisional accounting personnel, coordinating and verifying sector divisional capital and operating budgets and forecasts, evaluating various product margin decisions, and providing financial and analytical support to management.
Internally, the position interfaces with the internal finance team, H.R. manager, and owners. External contacts include the bookkeeping company, payroll administrator, and external accountants.
The C.R.S. The controller also interacts with all regional C.R.S. management teams. This involvement includes regular financial reporting, capital expenditure requests, periodic forecast and annual budget preparation, yearend activities, coordination with internal and external accountants, and development and adherence to required internal controls and relevant accounting policies.
This role can be remote/work from home with intermittent availability in Penticton or Kelowna.
Education and Experience
- C.P.A. designation (if legacy designation, must be C.M.A. or C.A.)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in senior financial management/accounting role in a private sector
- Experience with ASPE financial statement preparation and compliance
- Experience performing or managing the full-cycle bookkeeping
- Preparing/reviewing G.S.T., PST, W.C.B., and Payroll filings and remittances
- Experience managing a team
- Sound knowledge working with mid-size ERP platforms
Additional Attributes Considered an Asset
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with financial forecasting software
- Implementation of new software
- Working with a software development team to solicit tech support and programming requests/customization
- Salary range $65,000 – $80,000 depending on skills and experience
- Full benefits including L.T.D., dental and extended health
- Paid day off per month
- Paid continuing education budget
- Access to paid counselling support
- Access to paid financial planning support
- Soon to launch ESOP with access for all employees
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compensation Salary $65,000-$80,000 depending on skills and experience CAD Salary $65,000-$80,000 depending on skills and experience Month
- Address Kelowna & Penticton BC Canada