Corporate Accounting Clerk
Reporting to the Corporate Administrative Accountant and working in a team environment, the Corporate Accounting Clerk is responsible for complex posting and timely payment of invoices for Teck’s Vancouver Head Office. This position is also responsible for investigating and resolving related queries from both internal and external parties.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Accurately set up vendor master data by verifying vendors with strong focus on fraud preventions
- Accurately enter and process vendor invoices and employee expense reports in a timely manner by ensuring proper authorization and proper coding
- Process electronic fund transfer (EFT), cheques, wire transfers, online, and petty cash payments.
- Monitor Positive Pay processes
- Respond to accounts payable queries from different departments and suppliers through email, phone, or in person after thorough investigation and analysis
- Prepare and enter month end journal entries
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tax returns (NRT, GST/HST, QST, PST)
- Prepare account reconciliations for delegated G/L accounts
- Assist with credit card enquiries and transactions
- Prepare ad-hoc entries and reports as required
- A thorough knowledge of Accounts Payable (A/P) procedures and best practices
- Working knowledge of NRT, GST/HST, QST and PST
- A/P System module experience is required (Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience is preferred)
- Candidate should have fundamental accounting background or knowledge (preferably working towards an accounting designation such as CPA or equivalent or have relevant experience)
- Candidate must have the ability to multi-task, solve problems and suggest solutions
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively across all departments, levels of responsibility and with external suppliers by email, phone or in person
- Candidate must be able to complete tasks within tight deadlines
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada