Columbia Bottle Depot is a green company looking to make a difference in the environmental world. You can feel good about coming to work, knowing that you are making a positive change by helping to divert thousands of tons of material from landfills each year.
Come work for us, where you can make a difference in the world!
What We Offer
- Competitive wages with a wage review after passing a three month probationary period
- Stable full-time schedule at 40 hours per week
- Great benefits package with shared premiums after completing a three month probationary period
- Employees are scheduled to work between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- We provide company shirts so you don’t have to worry about what to wear in the morning or getting your favorite shirt dirty
- A great team environment
- Many of our staff learn awesome new skills including obtaining forklift certification, Occupational Level One First Aid certification, and their WHMIS certificates
- Staff appreciation BBQs and monthly birthday celebrations
Who We Are Looking For
We have two positions currently available. One in Rutland on Dease Road and one on St Paul Street in downtown Kelowna. We are looking for positive and reliable individuals looking for full-time, long-term positions in a fast paced environment. Candidates should enjoy physical work and not mind getting their hands dirty.
- Stable, full-time hours (40 per week)
- Provide excellent customer service to interesting people of all backgrounds
- Accurately sorting materials including aluminum cans, glass bottles, cardboard, plastic bottles, and more
- Provide accurate payment to customers
- Cleaning, tidying, and other duties as assigned
- This is a physical position that requires some strength and lots of stamina.
- Previous customer service experience is preferred, but we do hire enthusiastic, willing to work students right out of school;
- Previous cashier experience is an asset;
- Be physically able to stand for entire shift, have good attention to detail, be able to lift 10 pounds on a regular basis and be able to lift 60lbs on occasion;
- Must be flexible to cover shifts and to work overtime on occasion;
- As this position takes place in a warehouse environment, safety toed shoes (also known as steel toed shoes) are a necessity within seven days of the start of employment.
How to Apply
- Submit a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – Write “I love recycling” in your message to let us know that you read this ad (and to let us know that you love recycling!)
- Fax: (250) 765-9118
- Address: 680 Dease Road, Kelowna, BC, V1X-4A5