CDS Group of Companies is the single contact for National and International clients looking for efficient and cost-effective supply-chain solutions for the Canadian market.
Specializing in Ambient, Refrigerated, and Frozen supply chain food and beverage services, we strive to offer exceptional customer service to our clients, while promoting opportunity, and a team-first environment for our team. Our services include multi-temperature warehousing, distribution, freight and transportation management, customs brokerage, pick and pack fulfilment, cross-docking and transloading. A true “one-stop shop” operation, we can handle products from grocery to consumer goods for any company looking to improve their supply chain throughout Canada and from Canada to cross-border and international markets.
About the Team:
The Customs team completes the “one stop shop” solution: optimizing the supply chain and creating a competitive advantage. This talented team of advisors assists customers to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and achieve regulatory compliance. Team specialties include trade advisory services, trade consulting services, customs clearance, and pre-post entry services.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage & handle import shipments including monitoring, data entry, document preparation, customs clearance, arrange shipment deliveries, invoice customers and other functions necessary to complete the import process.
- Handle day-to-day release and shipment inquiries from customers.
- Obtain and manage needed documents for customs clearance and follow-up.
- Communicate detailed information and liaise with carriers/steamship lines and warehouse as needed for shipment management.
- Monitor releases and coordinate deliveries where required, ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
- Track/trace ocean and air shipments to avoid potential storage and demurrage liabilities.
- Determine future needs and up-sell where opportunities arise.
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of similar experience in Customs/3PL or freight forwarding industry is preferred.
- Minimum high school graduation; post-secondary or business courses in related industry a plus.
- Knowledge in Ocean Cargo (import) process and documentation is a benefit.
- Passion and ability for great customer service is a requirement.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) and good telephone etiquette.
- Team player / superior working relationship with external and internal customers.
- Problem solver, strong organizational abilities, detail oriented.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and skills.
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
Monday to Friday, Mornings
- Compensation Competitive based on experience with a benefits package after 3 months. CAD Competitive based on experience with a benefits package after 3 months. Month
- Address 18351 McCartney Way, Richmond, BC