Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Housing matters – to all. At CMHC, we’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation, partnerships, and analytics. We believe in the power of data and our experts to continue to grow and foster a data-driven approach to help us to achieve our ambitious goal: by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home they can afford and that meets their needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of scalable data ecosystems, applications and platforms. In addition, you will be responsible for mapping internal and external data ecosystems, reviewing the design and implementation of table structures while integrating data from various sources. Success will result in a suite of applications that provide Canadians with access to standardized housing data in real-time, helping us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
• Provide thought leadership while actively participating in the design, implementation and roll-out efforts of the data exchange platform which links the CMHC data and analytics ecosystem with external stakeholder’s/partner’s ecosystems and data holdings (e.g. financial, education, social,etc),
• Act as principal oversight and reviewer for new data models and provide coaching on data modeling and process design,
• Design and manage additional data ecosystems (databases & datamarts) including developing effective Extract Transform Loads (ETLs) and data management best-practices to move large volumes of data from various operational systems to data models for analytics consumption,
• Understand stakeholder business requirements and envisions IT structures that encourage long-term compatibility, scalability and maintainability of platforms (innovation and evolution of our IT solutions),
• Work closely with housing and finance data professionals within the business (i.e. data and analytics architects, data stewards, scientists) to build data solutions for data concepts that fuel a host of analytic models to support solutions,
• Provide recommendations including on design and execution of how data is stored and organized across CMHC’s various data platforms (eg. Cloud vs on-site, data lake, sql server, DB2, powerBI and SAS).
• Undergraduate degree in computer science or software engineering or in a related field. Masters degree considered an asset,
• Minimum of seven years of advanced experience in data implementations, including functional leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience,
• Extensive experience with processing large datasets from multiple sources and with data science/machine learning techniques for statistical analysis including regression and clustering using statistical modeling languages like R, STATA, or Python,
•Extensive experience working with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Cloud). Azure certification considered an asset,
• Expert ability to communicate complex data environments and data models to senior level stakeholders effectively.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5244
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada