Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 11
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Database Administrator is responsible for the overall management and maintenance of information databases used to operate the infrastructure and technology platform. The Administrator will partner with technical groups to ensure that database performance is not hindered and performance standards adhere to service level agreements set with the enterprise.
What you’ll get to do:
- Partner with development teams to design data management and governance protocols, manage the information lifecycle, design infrastructure and data integration controls
- Understands business strategy and cascades business intelligence needs to the database level
- Design, configure, implement, and administer all databases for the respective parties involved
- Develop and maintain complex models and logical database designs
- Identify and resolve all issues related to database systems to ensure that systems are online and without service interruption
- Build and manage the database disaster recovery and backup plan
- Develop new and enhance existing standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for database environments using industry experiences, best practices research, and business needs
- Analyze and report the performance of database operations against the key database performance metrics
- Meet performance standards in accordance to service level agreements set by the company
Who are we looking for?
- 5+ years experience in Database Administration
- Proficient with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- In-depth knowledge of SQL coding for various platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Experience in designing and implementing database structures
- Experience with automating DBA tasks
- Experience with data modeling and schema design
- Strong logical and analytical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Able to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions
- Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment
- Comfortable under high-stress and exhibits poise and focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Address 9900 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC