Digital Merchandiser II
Are you passionate about eCommerce? Do you love using data to inform decisions to optimize the online shopping experience? Do you have a natural gift for communication and collaboration? If yes, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as a Digital Merchandiser.
As a Digital Merchandiser, you’ll be turning the assortment and promotional strategy developed by our Buying Team into an optimized merchandising experience on BestBuy.ca, the largest online electronics retailer in Canada. You’ll provide valuable insight into how customers shop online within your assigned product category, and balance data and instinct to continuously iterate, test and analyze your merchandising experience to drive online KPIs. In no time at all, your work will shape the shopping experience of millions and millions of Canadians. You’ll be working within a highly collaborative cross-functional team that has the power and tools they need to iterate, innovate, and optimize in creative and forward-thinking ways.
As a Digital Merchandiser you will…
- Act as the primary point of contact between buyers, marketing, and eCommerce as it relates to category promotions and day-to-day web operations
- Use online merchandising best practices and tools to execute weekly operations, product launches, promotions, and sales events on BestBuy.ca
- Optimize landing pages for in-bound digital marketing channels (email, search & social) and on-site media programs
- Ensure proper quality assurance checks for any merchandising, promotional content, or discounts prior to publishing
- Use analytics to identify opportunities for improvement in merchandising efficiency, and collaborate on optimization activities within your team
- Share insights into the effectiveness of online promotions with Buyers and other stakeholders, and support the optimization of future promotions through experience iterations
- Share merchandising insights with other Digital Merchandisers, and help others to implement changes based on your insight where possible
- Support cross-functional and cross-team initiatives that drive conversion optimization and improve the customer experience across BestBuy.ca
We hope you are passionate about…
- All things eCommerce. Every project that will impact the shopping experience – from product launches to new personalization tools – gets you excited.
- Working in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment. The products change, the market changes, customer expectations change, and the BestBuy.ca platform is ever-evolving. Some people are intimated by change, but you embrace it!
- Building strong stakeholder relationships. You bring a highly collaborative mindset that allows you to build trust and accountability through effective two-way communication with all your partners.
- Getting into the details. You pride yourself on having impeccable attention to detail and can easily break down large and complex projects into an action plan to get things done.
- Always asking WHY. You have a natural curiosity to explore, entertain fresh ideas, and seek feedback.
The experience we need…
- 2+ years of eCommerce experience
- 1+ year working with eCommerce Content Management Platforms
- 1+ year working with web analytics and reporting tools for customer behaviour, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital merchandising best practices
- Experience presenting data to stakeholders and/or decision makers in a consumable format (i.e. PowerPoint)
- University or college degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- Address 8800 Glenlyon Pkwy, Burnaby, BC