|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||CAC – Canfor (BC14)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
The Director, North America Corporate Sourcing is responsible for leading Supply Chain management for Wood Products in Canada and the US for direct and indirect materials. Acts as key sourcing and procurement leader, leading the development and implementation of strategic sourcing plans within Canfor. Reporting to the Vice President, Global Supply Chain this role plays an important role in Canfor’s efforts to streamline operations, improve productivity, and reduce cost structure.
- Build a strong rapport with internal stakeholders and maintain their confidence while ensuring their procurement requirements are included in the strategic sourcing plans
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the sourcing and procurement team for effective performance and career development.
- Implement North American strategies to leverage strategic sourcing spend to obtain the best overall value for the company.
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing plans for key spend categories to deliver on productivity targets.
- Establish cross-functional teams to develop, plan, and execute a commodity strategy that ensures a competitive landscape and sustainable supply.
- Manage the supplier relationship to ensure best-in-class pricing and price structures, continuity of goods and services, and alignment with the goals and strategies of the company and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible and accountable for achievement of targets as defined by management, including reviewing forecasted versus actual cost savings in the implementing of strategic sourcing plans.
- Design and execute negotiations with the supply base through the contracting process, ensuring that contracts are developed to achieve the optimal balance between cost, service, quality, timeliness, and ongoing operation costs, while achieving high levels of customer service.
- Identify improvements and innovations with suppliers that will ensure the most cost-effective method of procuring the necessary resources for the company.
- Ability to understand, communicate, and enforce the company’s policies as they pertain to supplier and internal issues.
- Analyze market trends to identify and communicate financial and supply risks, and opportunities.
- Document and drive the supplier strategy to support qualification of new materials and cross qualify new supply sources.
- Contribute to the development of total cost of ownership models.
- Provide leadership to the operational procurement sourcing managers.
- Provide input and execution of the talent management process as it relates to talent development of the procurement & supply chain team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or other technical discipline
- MBA or an advanced degree in supply chain or business management would be an asset.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in purchasing and procurement leadership
- Must have strong leadership and management skills
Skills and Abilities
- Skilled at collaborating and able to obtain the trust and support of the procurement team and a wide range of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with leaders at all levels of the organization including Executives and mill General Managers.
- Experience with strategic planning and corporate level thinking.
- Strong persuasion skills and the ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Expert level negotiation skills.
- Experience in a heavy industrial environment is a strong asset
- Impactful communicator both in formal presentations but also day-to-day interactions.
- Experience leading change and building best in class strategic sourcing function
- Significant experience in purchasing and procurement leadership, ideally in progressively more senior roles.
- Expert level knowledge and skills in business process re-engineering and program/project management
- Strong track record in negotiating effective outcomes with vendors and suppliers.
- Past success in finding creative ways to leverage multi-site and North American spend to obtain value
- Key leadership competencies: achiever, relater, strategic
- Confident, persuasive, honest, collaborative, strong work ethic, persistent
Our Talent Acquisition team is actively recruiting on this role, and in order to be considered please apply today!
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada