Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
Reporting into the VP, Strategy & Experience, the Director, Strategic Planning is responsible for creating lasting competitive advantage by facilitating the development and implementation of actionable, agile enterprise strategy. This leader will play an integral role in informing, challenging and driving integrated strategy creation, management and execution across the organization. By championing strategy and partnering with senior leadership to align enterprise activities to corporate strategy and provide insights and recommendations, the role will support strategy evolution and integration across the business. The incumbent will be an objective voice, challenging where appropriate and supporting business units across the enterprise to optimize opportunities and growth. The Director, Strategic Planning is responsible for the operationalization of strategic planning best best practices; the institution of a high degree of operational scalability, efficacy, and efficiency; and the creation of a centre of excellence related to the Strategy practice at Coast Capital.
What you’ll get to do:
- Act as a change agent and champion’s strategic thinking at Coast, engaging leaders to and influencing to eliminate legacy mindset/behaviors.
- Partner directly with business unit leaders and support function leaders to facilitate the development and alignment of their strategies to enterprise strategy; connects LOB strategies together and identifies reinforcing growth opportunities.
- Serve as thought partner and project liaison outside of Strategic Planning at all levels, helping to proactively identify and communicate business issues, streamline strategy approaches/methodologies, and share best practices; champions end-to-end value creation for members, pre-and-post project execution.
- Create, write, and communicate presentations and memos for senior management, and participate in the delivery of key presentations.
- Facilitate regular strategy reviews with senior leaders, identifying potential issues and suggesting alternatives and data-driven solutions; creates a culture of continuous strategy engagement at Coast.
- Lead the development, refinement and implementation of new strategic planning processes, and leads aspects of the annual strategic planning process, including the creation of OKRs and strategy roadmaps
- Partner with support functions to perform a wide range of analyses related to achievement of shared objectives, project deliverables, performance targets, member satisfaction, and other key business metrics.
- Stay up to date on emerging competitive dynamics and global market trends, such as new technologies, business models, distribution platforms, and consumer behavior, across lines of business and proactively shares relevant research, market insights and recommendations to senior leadership and business units to drive action on emerging opportunities
- Assist executive leadership in developing and evolving annual goals and strategic objectives.
- Influence stakeholders in areas of portfolio management including technology, risk, marketing, sales forces, regulatory and compliance.
- Lead various special project assignments as required, collaborating with leaders to ensure that initiatives, plans and tactics are optimized through enterprise strategy.
- Build effective relationships and provide an objective voice within the organization, challenging where appropriate to align to enterprise strategy.
- Lead annual team business planning process including mandate and vision, external factors, SWOT analysis, strategic imperatives, & 3rd/4th level OKRs
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 7 – 9 Years of job related experience in leadership and broad experience across diverse backgrounds within the financial industry is a key factor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a diploma (3-4 years) in Finance, Commerce/Business Administration; computing science MBA an asset.
- Proven strategic, innovative and systems thinker.
- Excellent communication, listening, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Strong financial acumen – experience in business case development and ability to apply financial analysis and modeling.
- Strong digital literacy; understanding of digital technologies, skills and ecosystems.
- Project Management skills an asset, coordinating major projects, programs, budgets and activities.
- Helps others deal with change and explore options by helping to prioritize and empower people to solve challenges; asks and listens, dispels rumors actively and provides empathy.
- Deals effectively with ambiguity. Can effectively cope with change and “shift gears” comfortably; can decide and act without having the full picture, and isn’t upset when things are “up in the air”; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of strategies to impact and influence senior leaders and others where there is no direct reporting relationship.
- Works effectively with limited supervision and within established authorities; is proactive in identifying and pursuing tasks with energy, drive, and a need to “finish”; knows when and what to refer for guidance and/or approval.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Address 9900 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC