We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Volunteer Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As a Snowmaking Maintenance Helper you will be one of a proud and respected team working to ensure safe plant operations and on Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. You will assist the core staff with maintenance duties and participate in related operations across the mountains. This involves outdoor and indoor work across the mountains, including the monitoring and safeguarding of equipment and environment. You will be a key player ensuring great guest and staff experience at Whistler Blackcomb.
What you’ll do:
- Abide by all Whistler Blackcomb policies and procedures at all times on or off the mountains
- Perform all tasks safely as per Worksafe and Whistler Blackcomb policies and procedures
- Assist the millwright staff with various tasks including troubleshooting, service and repair of plant facilities and equipment.
- Interact with teammates in and out of the department achieving goals in a safe and efficient manner.
- Continually aspire to improve safety and general well-being of yourself and those around you.
- Assist with the tracking of maintenance and repairs of equipment, vehicles and tools.
- Operate various types of motorized equipment on and off the mountain.
- Typically work up to 10 hour shifts between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm, four days per week.
- Attend all necessary meetings and complete courses as scheduled.
- Positive attitude with record of great work ethic and safe practices
- Good mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn
- Confident, self-motivated team player
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Able to think and work independently, but as part of a team
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License. Up to date abstract required
- Physically fit and able to perform demanding manual tasks
- Capable of working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Proficient in the operation of snowmobiles, UTV’s and trucks
- Previous employment as a snowmaker is an asset
- OFA level 3 safety attendant certification is an asset
- Able to ski or snowboard at an intermediate or better level
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
Reports to: Snowmaking Maintenance TeamLeads
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts with a Volunteer Opportunity!. You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join us, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 327972
- Address 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C, Canada