Our company is looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting, project management and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, accuracy and the ability to communicate clearly, are important qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Liaison between the VP of Sales and our accountant, assisting with basic accounts receivable, accounts payable, and providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization. Perform personal bookkeeping services including cross-checking items, keeping record of all accounts and transactions and general office assistance including donation/charity related inquiries, as needed. Maintain and file financial records. Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets. Assist in monthly credit card and bank reconciliations by compiling all pertinent documentations (receipts, contracts, payment confirmations, etc.). Identify opportunities for increased efficiency and provide counsel and guidance on key areas of improvement.
· Diploma or Certificate (in Finance, Accounting, Bookkeeping, Business & Project Management or related field) or minimum 1 year book keeping experience.
· Fundamental knowledge in bookkeeping. Understanding of financial management, property management, income tax worksheets and insurance would be considered an asset.
· Strong knowledge of accounting principles, best practices and data entry skills.
· Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel.
· Produce work with a high level of accuracy and high attention to detail.
· Commitment to setting, achieving and/or exceeding individual, team, or firm goals.
· High organizational skills, excellent multi-tasking skills, inter-personal skills, communication skills, people skills, time management and analytical skills.
· Highly alert and structured thought process, and demonstrates problem solving skills.
· Ability to work effectively within a variety of situations, readily adapting to changes and growth.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
· Incentives that we offer:
· Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits
· Weekly pizza days
· Team events every quarter
· Excellent training programs
· Supportive work environment
· Lots of opportunities for Professional development.
· We encourage our team members to take short-term courses that will enable them to achieve their professional goals more effectively.
· Join a local toastmasters club and bring out the natural leader in you.
· Take the 12-week Dale Carnegie challenge.
· Read books, reports and listen to podcasts related to our business and our industry.
Proposed Schedule & Hours:
Monday- Friday * 20-25 hours/week * Proposed schedule: 9:00am – 2:30pm or 7:00am-12:30pm ** Also open to a flexible schedule that works for you.
Competitive salary with additional bonuses and incentives, offered after successful probationary period. Please inquire for more details.
YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? ARE YOU READY TO JOIN A WINNING TEAM?
If you are excited to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the volume of responses we receive, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address Abbotsford, BC