11111 Twigg Place
Purchasing Chief (NOC 0113) – Vancouver BC
Our new purchasing chief will be reporting directly to the owner of the business. Their focus should be relationship building with our current and prospective suppliers. As such, they will be responsible for evaluating, suppliers, products, services, and negotiating costs. They will be working directly with our accounts receivable/payable and our warehousing and distribution staff to ensure product quality and maintain inventory control.
We are constantly working with our customers to reduce uniform costs and are catering to our customers’ needs with superior level of service, guidance and expertise. We strongly believe that we are an extension of our customers and take responsibility for our customers’ success.
Purchasing Chief – Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage the inventory and warehousing activities by effectively forecasting material demands, stock levels, re-order points and resources capacity ensuring product availability.
• Manage the receiving details and implement corrective actions for dispute resolution.
• Contract tendering, negotiation, implementation and management.
• Identify cost saving opportunities that will enhance the profitability of the company.
• Data analysis and reporting including monitoring mechanisms that identifies savings achieved by category and supplier.
• Develop and build relationships with existing suppliers and create relationships with new suppliers.
• Communicate to suppliers the needs and expectations of the company and monitor supplier performance in line with KPI`s, contractual obligations, and service level agreements.
• Ensure compliance of established purchasing policies and procedures. Conduct ongoing reviews of same and implement continuous improvements where required.
• Supplier reviews and audits.
• Develop a suitable contract database and protocol for ongoing supplier management including the ongoing creation and management of preferred suppliers.
• Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure a smooth workflow within the procure to pay process and lead process and efficiency improvements.
• Assist in the development and achievement of departmental budgets, goals and objectives.
• Ensure continuous improvement of processes through team collaboration and technology implementation resulting in improved service levels and reductions in total costs.
• Consult / work with other senior managers on specific initiatives as required and undertake any other duties as requested by the senior management.
• Responsible for the appointment, training and instruction of a competent deputy within the staff who fully assumes duties during unexpected absences.
Skills & Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related programs.
• Minimum 3 years` management experience in a procurement environment.
• Commercially focused and a keen eye for detail with strong analytical & numerical skills.
• High level competence in Microsoft excel and other office packages.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Work Week: 35 hours/week
Wages: $73,800 per annum
Please send resumes to HR@wmugroup.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Address Richmond, BC