Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
The Occupational First Aid Room supports our employees by providing a centralized treatment area. The OFA attendant will provide comprehensive care including assessment, treatment and follow up. This role works exclusively with the employee, supervisors and H&S employee claims team to ensure a successful recovery at work while adhering to WorkSafe guidelines and requirements.
Position Status: Full Time, 40 hours/week.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver prompt first aid to Whistler Blackcomb employees who have suffered a workplace injury.
- Differentiate between treatment at work and the requirement for further medical aid.
- Facilitate initial steps in the Recover at Work program including the immediate offer of modified duties.
- Support employees and supervisors in assigning safe modified/light duties.
- Be familiar with available modified duties at Whistler Blackcomb.
- Coordinate transport of injured persons to appropriate facility if needed.
- Complete comprehensive First Aid reports.
- Follow up with injured workers after treatment.
- Liaise with H&S employee claims team and supervisors to inform them of any further developments.
- Provide treatment for injured guests and non-workplace employee injuries when required.
When not treating patients:
- Support H&S Department in administrative tasks, including filing and data entry.
- Support supervisors and managers in the completion of the employee injury process.
- Maintain stock of First Aid room supplies.
- Support Ski Patrol department in the employee injury process.
- Ensure all employee treatment records meet documentation and quality standards.
- Liaise with and support Whistler Blackcomb health and wellness contractors.
- Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that we care.
- Always show up on time, in uniform, and adhere to the grooming policy.
- Valid Level III Occupational First Aid certification (required)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Level III OFA (preferred)
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Additional medical or first aid training an asset.
- Experience in ski industry and Whistler Blackcomb operation an asset.
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Must possess a valid BC driver license.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 292987
- Address 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C, Canada