Boston Pizza is Canada’s No. 1 casual dining brand with more than 380 restaurants in Canada serving more than 100 unique and delicious menu items such as gourmet pizzas and pastas, juicy burgers and our famous BP wings.
5801 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC V5J 0A6
Food and Beverage Server
1043909 BC Ltd. dba Boston Pizza
5801 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC V5J 0A6
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 3
NOC Group: Food and Beverage Servers (6453)
NOC Job Title: Food and Beverage Servers
While we’re famous for our gourmet pizzas made with our signature hand pressed dough, our extensive menu satisfies every appetite with our mouth-watering pasta dishes and a wide variety of, salads, entrées and desserts. Do you enjoy meeting new people and being paid for it? Reporting to the General Manager, the Server is primarily responsible for the service of all beverages and food to guests in a prompt, efficient and above all, friendly and courteous manner. 1043909 BC Ltd. dba Boston Pizza is currently looking for 3 Food and Beverage Servers.
- Must be able to guide guests through the menu, answer questions, make recommendations, and suggest appropriate meals if required.
- Explain generally how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Ensure that all guests benefit from current, on-going and upcoming promotions.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Assist in the training and development of new employees when required.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Perform various guest services by taking orders, serving food and beverages to the guests promptly.
- Collect payments from guests in a timely manner.
- Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Check guests identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, etc.
- If required perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school is desired, but no necessary.
- Previous serving experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral English.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- Must be Serving it Right and Food Safe Level 1 certified or be willing to become certified.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
As per BC Employment standards act. Overtime rate is applicable after 08 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
Other: Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada and We encourage part-timers to apply as well.
How to Apply
Mail: ATTN Mandeep Mann 5801 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC V5J 0A6
- Compensation $15.00 to $17.00 per hour for 40 hours per week CAD $15.00 to $17.00 per hour for 40 hours per week Month
- Address 5801 Marine Way, Burnaby, British Columbia V5J 0A6, Canada