Oxford Learning North Vancouver has an opening for a motivated, dynamic individual who would like to work in a rewarding teaching environment. Our programs offer individualized support to students who are looking to improve their academic skills, study habits, and self-esteem.
Using Oxford Learning’s curriculum, our tutors help students understand their materials in fun and engaging ways. Our goal is for our students to become independent, life-long learners. Comprehensive training will be provided.
A qualified candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree – completed, or in progress and/or E.C.E. diploma, Special Education Assistant certificate, or related post-secondary training
- Experience working with children
- The ability to connect with students and create an exciting learning environment
- Fluency in both spoken and written French
- Strong communication skills in both French and English
- The ability to teach elementary math (K-5 or K-8) will strengthen your application but is not required
Interested candidates must be available from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm at least three evenings per week; more hours may become available.
To ensure the safety of our staff and students, we currently hold all classes, meetings, and training sessions over Zoom.
Strong candidates will possess a desire to pursue a career in Education and may be working towards a B.Ed. If you have a passion for learning and love helping students achieve their potential, please email us both your cover letter and resume.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
- Compensation $20/hour CAD $20/hour Month