The Deluxe Chinese Restaurant
120 – 4260 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6X 2C2
The Restaurant General Manager will be involved in all aspects of the business and works closely with company directors to lead departmental managers with the ultimate goal of formulating, improving and accomplishing company policies and programs. The Restaurant General Manager has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of the restaurant, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management and sourcing, team management, recruiting, hiring, termination and retention of team members, financial accountability, and ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer. The General Manager must be skilled in handling stressful working conditions, be an excellent multitasker, and be able to deal with frequent interruptions calmly and decisively. Extensive experience and delegation skill with restaurant employment and management is paramount to the General Manager.
- Develops company operational, marketing, and business plans in conjunction with the board of directors.
- Recruits, interviews, and hires senior departmental management team members, conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains; and ensures the Departmental Management Team (Dining Room Manager, Head Chef, …) accountable for the profitability and service standards.
- Delegates responsibilities to management team, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained.
- Develops Food and Beverage marketing activities and promotions in close cooperation with Departmental managers, executive chef and Marketing Communications Officer.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of Marketing Plan and establish a list of marketing activities in line with the Business Plan and be proactively soliciting support from suppliers to appropriate Advertising and Promotion budgets and ensures maximum support with regards to sponsorship, marketing and pricing initiatives for mutual benefits.
- Maintains and improves operations by formulating and implementing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Works with Departmental Managers (Dining Room Managers, Banquet Service Manager and all respective Chef de Cuisines) to formulate Annual Operating Budget in determining projected revenues and expenses, manning, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the Business Plan.
- Ensures that the Departmental Operational Budget and minimum operating standards are strictly adhered to and makes sure Departmental Managers so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centers.
- Maintains good working relationship with colleagues of all departments by conducting weekly departmental meetings and daily operations briefing.
- Controls profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Provides accurate and realistic forecasts and updates on anticipated changes in the business to the Board of Directors whenever appropriate.
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensures products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of managing experience in fine dining food service environment is required.
- Proven track record of leadership and managerial skills while providing exceptional customer service is required.
- Outstanding ability to train and motivate staff.
- Proven ability to drive results.
- Ability to identify talent for hiring, retention, and internal promotions.
- Sound knowledge of cooking techniques & ingredients for menu items, especially Cantonese, Beijing, and Szechwan styles an asset.
- Adept and knowledgeable about Chinese Cuisine food and beverage trends an asset.
Salary – $90,000/year (40 hours per week). Please email your resume to DeluxeRestaurant@outlook.com
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview and please no phone call.
- Address Richmond, British Columbia, Canada