Under the supervision of the Program Manager and the Store Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for acting as a host to visitors, providing information and detailed site tours to groups of various ages, and assisting in the planning and execution of site programming. This position also requires a willingness to demonstrate old-fashioned activities and the ability to assist in site maintenance.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the health and safety measures provided by the Society.
- Greet and welcome all visitors to the site.
- Conduct guided tours of the buildings and grounds of Huble Homestead to regular visitors, school programs, and tour groups.
- Assist in the development and execution of programming and site rentals.
- Lead games and activities for visitors of various ages, and help present demonstrations of old-fashioned activities such as making butter, preparing ice cream, etc.
- Perform food related duties, such as food preparation, cooking, serving, and cleaning.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the General Store, which include customer sales, product restocking, inventory, store accounting, cash handling, and manual credit card transactions.
- Assist with general site maintenance and garden upkeep.
- Perform cleaning tasks such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, disinfecting, and sanitizing.
- Assist with curatorial tasks such as updating artifact information, basic data entry, and artifact restoration, repairs, and cleaning.
- All other duties as required.
- Knowledge of local history and geography, as well as old-fashioned crafts and activities, an asset.
- Proficiency in English required, with additional languages an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills; retail experience an asset.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise integrity, good judgment, critical problem solving and initiative.
- Ability to function effectively in an ever-changing environment and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to lift, move and carry up to 20 kg.
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency First Aid and Food Safe an asset.
- A Criminal Record check
- A valid BC Drivers licence, Class 5 or higher, and access to a personal vehicle to travel to and from work every day.
- Able to work a five day week, which will include weekends and holidays, both on and off site.
- For grant purposes, successful applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 30, currently enrolled in full-time studies, and intending to return to full-time studies in the semester following the position.
We encourage women, visible minorities, and Indigenous students to apply.
- Compensation $16.00 an hour CAD $16.00 an hour Month
- Address 15000 Mitchell Rd Prince George BC