Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 380 collection centers, 16 laboratories, and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
As Human Resources Business Partners, we provide our client groups with a strategic, advisory, and collaborative support service. We recognize that our people are our greatest asset and key to the successes at LifeLabs.
Our HR team is committed to continuously evolve and develop best business practices to best support our client groups and our people. This is an exciting time to join LifeLabs and make a significant contribution to the developments and growth ahead of us!
We are seeking a motivated, resourceful, and agile individual to join our team as a Senior Human Resources Consultant. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the successful candidate will advise, consult, and support the corporate office business groups on all HR-related matters. You will develop, manage, coordinate, and administer a variety of programs and activities covering multiple HR activities.
• Provide day to day advisory support to managers and employees to assist them in achieving business goals and objectives.
• Assist with implementing and maintaining national HR programs and processes in the areas of talent management, succession planning, performance management, organizational design, employee relations, and employee engagement.
• Investigate and report on allegations of harassment, discrimination, and violence in the workplace.
• Assist managers and employees to effectively apply HR policies and programs to ensure consistency in interpretation and application.
• Analyzing HR metric trends to provide recommended changes to programs.
• Participate in implementing organizational change initiatives and participate in cross-functional teams and projects as required.
• Support disability management activities.
• Respond to the more difficult functional queries of a confidential and sensitive nature.
• University degree or college diploma in Human Resources.
• A minimum of 5 years progressive HR Generalist experience supporting corporate functional groups.
• Previous experience in labor relations is preferred.
• Understanding of HR governance, legislation, and regulatory environment in order to identify issues and appropriately consult with managers and employees.
• Demonstrated business acumen and consulting skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated and resourceful.
• Strong leadership, coaching, facilitation skills.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.