At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
Do you have a passion for providing world class service, to an internal customer team, that directly serves our customers in frontline retail? Are you driven to help others solve problems, to actively listen, to genuinely share ideas that help your own team succeed and to be an advocate for a group of dedicated sales leaders and sales professionals? Is this you? If so, we want to connect!
Reporting directly to the Senior Human Resources manager, the HR Manager role provides HRBP support for a dedicated region in Branded Retail, as well as direct HRBP support to our corporate dealer leadership team. This role partners with regional leaders in the business supporting employee relations, retail transformation activities and supporting key business objectives. Some of these include improving overall front line attrition, driving employee engagement and identifying unique career pathing initiatives. Our successful candidate will lead a team of HR advisors with a focus on enabling positive and productive employee and customer experiences.
What you will be doing:
- Engage actively with the branded retail and corporate dealer leadership team, contributing to business decisions that will drive excellent results;
- Lead HR agenda within a dedicated region, leveraging relationships and HR expertise to communicate policies & procedures, reinforce Rogers Values and strategic plan, and demonstrate alignment between HR programs and business objectives;
- Build and maintain a strong relationships within the business based on the demonstration of added value of the HR Function. Develop an awareness of the business challenges and objectives for Retail in order to drive a proactive approach to Human Resources;
- Highly engaged in the development and delivery of the Retail Transformation People Plan and the overall execution of the dealer channel.
- Provide consultation and coaching on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, employee relations, workforce planning, talent and performance management, recruitment & selection, compensation and organizational development;
- Drive the development of the next generation of long term sales professionals and leaders across all levels of the organization;
- Facilitate talent review processes and ensure follow up activities are delivered. Ensure close alignment with Talent Acquisition on workforce planning, high volume recruiting plans and their execution;
- Understand the pulse of the retail organization at all levels and act as a conduit back into the HR senior leadership team and to senior business leaders;
- Get involved in regional or national HR projects and programs: planning and implementing projects (timelines and milestones) for key initiatives;
- Oversee the administration of employee relations escalations including legal cases, corporate investigations, STAR hotline complaints and executive escalations. Ensure consistency of outcomes and appropriate use of internal and external legal counsel. Identify most common concerns or problematic; environments and strategize on appropriate education/action plan to help Managers at all levels. Leverage lessons learned and work with program owners to influence Rogers HR programs / policies or process design / implementation / communication;
- Stay in touch with industry leading best practices, customize and apply when relevant;
- Attract, engaged, develop, coach and retain HR professionals in support of the client groups and to build/mature expertise within the HR function.
What you bring?
- 5-7 years of progressive HR business partner experience, previous management experience would be a strong asset;
- Post secondary education in HR, education, behavioral psychology an asset;
- Previous experience in retail or another front line organization considered a strong asset;
- Previous experience in supporting sales preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively influence and build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and confidential/sensitive information;
- You thrive in an ever changing work environment. It’s a fast pace, likely faster than most have experienced;
- Ability to network across various HR and client group teams and build solid relationships;
- You can operate on both macro and micro issues, you understand that even the small issue require urgency and follow through;
- Sound analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with an ability to understand broad complex business issues;
- You understand that supporting a front line team may see support needs some evenings and some weekends, we will balance it out together;
- You appreciate and are excited that you will work out of our stores as well as in our office – we need to know the business we are supporting!
The job will be based out of Vancouver, BC with minimal travel requirements.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
- Address 4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4W4