Aarc-West Industrial Insulation Inc., one of the leading mechanical insulation companies in BC is seeking an experienced Industrial Mechanical Insulation Estimator to join our team.
The ideal candidate has strong math and analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills as well as exemplary customer service and communication skills. The candidate will be responsible for estimating industrial insulation construction projects, submitting bids, negotiating change orders, and acting as project manager (in conjunction with the senior field superintendent) during the construction process.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate all project documentation, drawings and bid documents to develop a scope of work and subsequent bid to meet all deadlines and budget constraints,
- Responsible for all aspects of the bid including safety, cost, profitability, schedule, and contract terms.
- Perform site visits when appropriate or required before, during, and/or after the bid process and after award,
- Perform take-off and estimating project functions from a set of drawings,
- Processes technical specification submittals and contracts as well as all change orders and approves billings,
- Proactively identify possible issues and document and address with GC or customer as necessary,
- Update estimates with incoming addendums and provide change order estimation throughout the life of awarded projects,
- Securing pricing estimates from suppliers that are realistic to the project,
- Prepares monthly sales reports and analysis for management.
- 2 or more years of experience as an industrial mechanical insulation estimator,
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, gather information and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills, work to deadlines and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the English language and very comfortable with technology.
- Background in construction and a working knowledge of industrial construction projects as well as insulation materials, practices, and industry standards.
- MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook a must,
- Direct field experience in insulation and mechanical plumbing and HVAC systems preferred.
We offer a very generous compensation package that includes a salary and a potential yearly bonus upon review as well as company paid medical benefits, vehicle allowance, cell phone, laptop and RRSP matching.
Start Date Immediately
Salary Based on experience
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Industrial Estimator-BC in the subject line.
- Compensation $80,000/year CAD $80,000/year Month
- Address 19131 21 Avenue, Surrey, BC, Canada