Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Grade: 8
Posting End Date:
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The AMLATF Investigator is responsible for the detection, prevention and investigation of criminal activity at Coast Capital Savings (CCS), with a primary responsibility in anti-money laundering and terrorist financing compliance (AMLATF). The position is mandated to operate within the entire organization of CCS and is accountable to the Manager, AMLATF Compliance. The AMLATF Investigator will investigate and work cooperatively with law enforcement on suspected incidents of money laundering and other criminal matters.
What you’ll get to do:
- As a subject matter expert, serve as a resource/consultant to all employees in relation to various risks to CCS relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Maintain close relationships and communicate regularly with personnel of law enforcement, government agencies and Financial Institutions.
- Maintain membership with relevant security organizations and associations to ensure that CCS’s strategic interests are addressed. May represent Coast Capital Savings independently.
- Within the department, provide strategic leadership to other departments and employees in relation to various risks and functions relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Act as the primary department resource for software functionality with current and future software programs.
- As directed, assist the Manager, AMLATF Compliance in accomplishing department goals through projects, initiatives and compliance program development.
- Conduct CCS investigations on suspicious activity that may be related to money laundering and/or terrorist financing activities, including preparing investigative reports with findings and recommendations gathered from analysis of account history and source documents, liaising with branch staff as appropriate.
- Assist law enforcement agencies in the investigation of money laundering/terrorist financing as required/requested.
- Upon presentation of Judicial or legislative authorization assist law enforcement or government agencies in the collection of records held by CCS.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant statutes including the Criminal Code, PCMLTFA and related case law.
- Share on-call duties for security matters arising during non-scheduled work hours. On call coverage is 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
- Represent CCS in criminal and/or civil proceedings to provide direct or interpretive evidence on behalf of CCS.
- Have a vehicle readily available to respond to investigations, and for other duties as assigned.
- Be available to travel throughout the current and future CCS market area. Travel may take place for an extended period of time.
- May be required to assist in other department responsibilities.
- Assist in assessing risk of customers’ accounts for money laundering and terrorist financing activities.
- Responsible for recommending policies/procedures that minimize risk and/or improve efficiency in relation to money laundering and terrorist financing compliance to the Manager, AMLATF Compliance.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of high risk accounts for money laundering and terrorist financing activities.
- Actively participate in educational sessions involving Corporate Security.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 4 – 6 Years of Job-Related Experience. Retail Banking experience is a requirement.
- High School Diploma plus some additional post-secondary courses. Courses relating to law enforcement or criminology are desirable. A law enforcement background is a definite asset.
- Proficient understanding of CCS processes, procedures and policies.
- Proficient skills in relation to word/data/spreadsheet/communication software programs.
- Proficient knowledge of Corporate Security policies/procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of Coast Capital Savings Banking system.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications such as database management, word processing and user specific security computer programs.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player while being able to work well independently with minimal supervision
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.