Quest University’s Finance team seeks a full-time Junior Accountant for a one-year maternity leave contract starting in April 2021. The Junior Accountant is responsible for a broad range of accounting tasks including accounts payable, assisting with accounts receivable and account reconciliation, and other general accounting functions as determined by the Accounting Manager.
- Receive, review and enter all invoices and staff expenses into the Great Plains accounting system.
- Run cheque runs from beginning to end.
- Enter all Visa, Medical Services Plan and benefits statements into spreadsheet and General Ledger.
- Complete the bank reconciliation.
- Update daily cash flow.
- Complete GST, PST and municipal tax filing.
- Complete general ledger account reconciliations.
- Complete other accounts payable functions as required.
- Assist with accounts receivable including payment applications, billing and accounts receivable collections, and account reconciliation.
- Provide reception relief for unplanned absences.
- Ad hoc and special projects as necessary.
- Support internal and external audit requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting or business designation preferred;
- At least 2 years of accounting experience with exposure to bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, and accounts payable;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office including excel spreadsheets, data entry and databases, and word processing;
- Familiarity with PowerCampus and Great Plains systems an asset;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written;
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in an organized manner;
- Ability to exercise discretion, use independent judgment, and maintain confidentiality;
- Accuracy and attention to detail are imperative;
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and be flexible and adaptable to ongoing change; and
- An awareness and knowledge of Quest University Canada.
Quest is an independent, not-for-profit liberal arts and sciences university that opened its doors in 2007. Our campus is situated amidst the Coast Mountains in Squamish, midway between Vancouver and Whistler. Built to prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century, Quest’s innovative academic program, highly engaged student population, and outstanding faculty are gaining world-wide recognition. Quest offers a competitive salary and a dynamic workplace. For more information about Quest, visit us online at www.questu.ca.
Note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the successful candidate will be expected to work on campus 1-2 days per week. For the remaining 3-4 days they will be asked to work remotely until it is deemed safe for employees to return to campus full-time.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and your resume in pdf format to email@example.com
Closing date: March 15, 2021
Start date: April 5, 2021
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Quest University Canada respects and encourages diversity. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants who have been given consideration for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 3200 University Blvd, Squamish, British Columbia V8B 0N8, Canada
- This job has expired!