Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently seeking a responsible and patient-oriented Mobile Laboratory Assistant to join our Mobile Lab Services (MLS) Team based out of Vancouver and Burnaby, BC.
Our Mobile Lab Assistants play an important part in on-site patient care in locations including private homes, commercial facilities, and long-term care facilities. This is an active and rewarding role that will let you build relationships with patients and see the difference that you make in their lives and healthcare outcomes.
This is a Temporary Full Time role working a variety of shifts Monday through Sunday (37.5 hours/week) and is suitable for an individual seeking flexible shifts and the ability to maintain a good work/life balance. This is a temporary role until June 12, 2022 with the possibiity of extension.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing a daily schedule of visits to facilities and private residences in order to collect specimens as per physicians’ requests, and planning your route according to courier times, specimen integrity and required travel time.
- Performing phlebotomies, connecting/disconnecting holter monitors, and performing ECG tracings.
- Collecting and delivering specimens to designated labs for testing. Accession, spin, separate and prepare for transport to reference lab as required.
- Booking patient appointments, requesting required information from patients, explaining the specimen collection process and ensuring patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Liaising with doctors and facility staff regarding patient problems, changes in scheduling, specimen collection procedures, and other matters.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking an emphatic and adaptable person who can deliver exceptional customer service and relate to patients even in stressful situations. Requirements include:
- Completion of a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent related experience such as working as a healthcare professional with previous training or experience in phlebotomy, intravenous infusion and/or intravenous therapy (e.g. nurses, infusion therapist, cardiac technologist etc.).
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, a uniform and shoe allowance, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Address Vancouver, BC