The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
Here’s your opportunity to start a career with the City of Burnaby! If you are a hard-working, Our Engineering Department is seeking qualified, hard-working and team-oriented candidates to join the team as an auxiliary Labourer 1 – Solid Waste & Recycling, performing routine manual work involving considerable physical effort and agility in the collection and disposal of garbage, recycling and green waste in all kinds of weather conditions.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Litter pick up and garbage clean up duties throughout Burnaby
- Work at our Eco Centre doing cleanup and helping residents with their recycling materials
- Help collect large bulky items like mattresses and appliances for our residents in Burnaby
- May work on a Rear Loader as a swamper occasionally helping with garbage collection
- May drive a small vehicle to help with picking up garbage and handling service requests for residents of Burnaby
The position requires knowledge and skill in the methods, techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in garbage collection and recycling work. This position involves continuous heavy physical work in all weather conditions. We are looking for candidates with a very high standard of work, as it is critical for success in this role. Other desired attributes include excellent teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively, particularly when dealing with the public. Valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is required.
Please apply online at www.burnaby.ca/careers. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
Please contact Human Resources at 604-294-7303 if you do not receive a confirmation email within one hour of submitting your application online.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 4949 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada