Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
Do you have an engaging personality and strong ability to connect with others through conversation? Do you have a passion to work in the financial industry where you get to help members improve their financial well-being by understanding what’s important in their lives and recommending value added products or services that help them achieve it? If this sound like you, then this is the role for you!
Not to be confused with a “Sharing Specialist” or a “Giving Specialist”, the Lending Specialist specializes in lending money to members of a growing company that is a leader in the financial industry. Your goal will be to deliver a remarkable member experience by creating long-term relationships and maximizing opportunities to help our members with their banking, investment, and lending needs. You’ll work on a team that genuinely cares about our members and is passionate about improving their financial well-being. You’ll be helping people who talk to you from the comfort of their own homes. It’s a bigger club than you would think, and no secret handshake is required.
What you’ll get to do:
- Unlock financial opportunities that positively impact our members and communities by understanding them on a deeper level, no not through mind reading, but by asking the right questions so you can deliver a positive and memorable member experience
- Engage our members and improve their financial well-being by building trust and loyalty through natural curiosity and embracing question-based advice to better understand their goals and needs
- Help our members with prompt, friendly and effective trusted advice through any medium or channel (including phone, email, and chat)
- Use your super power skills to provide high quality, fast paced, personalized credit advice and solutions to our wonderful members
- Work in a dynamic environment using state-of-the-art technology in both phone and software applications
- Deliver world class member experience to attract new members and retain our current ones
Who are we looking for?
A credit guru in your current work environment, you love the thrill of providing excellent advice and structuring a credit deal that is beneficial to your member and your business. We are looking for team players who know how to stick handle the puck past the goal line. Individuals who like to get off the bench and onto the ice at every opportunity and have a knack of building trust and loyalty by ensuring that our member’s needs and expectations are fully satisfied.
- You’ve loved your career in the financial services industry where you’ve fine-tuned your x-ray vision to spot advice and referral opportunities, where your ability to provide lending solutions involves understanding and making decisions around risk
- You are self-motivated, passionate and driven to help our members and their financial well-being
- A collaborator that uses a team first approach while working with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Tenacious go getters that are determined to succeed, and are motivated by the success of our members, colleagues and communities
- Member focused all-stars that consistently demonstrate a desire to proactively help and solve our member’s needs
- Passionate about open communication – clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking discovery questions for clarification and understanding
- Problem solvers that employ an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems.
- Strong negotiation skills focused on delivering solutions and successful outcomes
- You are curious and excited to share with the world what you learned during your post-secondary education in finance, business administration or a related field. And you aren’t done learning; you have a desire to know more
- No protective headgear required while you do your thing as a multi-tasking guru, able to efficiently and effectively prioritize and organize what needs to get done
- The ability to have fun when pressured by time constraints in a fast paced business environment
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Address 9900 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC