Community Integration Services Society (CISS) is seeking to hire Life Skills Workers to support individuals with various disabilities.
CISS is a non-profit organization that provides life skills services and support to clients with disabilities. Our team of highly trained staff and their clients participate in programs and activities throughout neighboring cities.
The successful candidate will act as a positive role model for clients by providing life skill training and support through a variety of programs. The position comes with a starting wage of $21.63/hour and $0.51/km while performing society business. This role offers numerous opportunities for continuous growth from our internal and external training programs.
- To assist clients in accessing community programs and to participate alongside with them. Activities include but is not limited to: skating, swimming, shopping, bowling, leisure and peer group events.
- Provide behavioral support when working with people with challenging behaviors throughout various tasks and activities.
- Use adaptive technology. This includes pushing a wheelchair or the use of other mobility devices.
- Adapt and/or modify activities on a daily basis to support inclusion of the clients.
- Maintain confidence in developing and implementing new programs while establishing client goals with measurable outcomes that can be aligned with the individual’s scheduled activities.
- Preparation of reports, developing guidelines, analyzing data and maintaining client records.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with a good command on the English Language.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Ability to motivate clients into participating in community based programs.
- Experience in Medication Administration and supporting individuals with medical and/or aging issues and providing personal care is an asset.
- Experience in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, personal care experience, and a basic understanding of behavior management and pictorial symbol communication is an asset.
- Criminal Record Clearance
- A Class 5 BCDL with a reliable vehicle which can transport more than one client
- Business Insurance with a minimum 2 million liability
- Valid first aid training with CPR/AED
- Education, work or volunteer experience with people with disabilities
- Food Safe and WHMIS certifications – asset
- Union membership is required (BCGEU)
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in becoming a Life Skills Worker at CISS.
Please visit our website for more information on our organization at www.gociss.org
- Compensation 21.63 CAD 21.63 Month
- Address 2175 Mary Hill Road, Port Coquitlam, BC