Closing Date: May 30, 2021
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Architecture & Applications, the Manager, Application Sustainment, will play a meaningful role in ensuring that Teck’s teams (Business Units) have the appropriate support for the tools, processes and services (i.e., legacy and heritage applications) enabling their functions. The Manager will collaborate with other teams and enterprise leadership to understand their priorities, with a focus on technology modernization.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop a framework that focuses on innovation
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities
- Ability to be a calming force for the team and build clarity in pressure-filled situations
- Develop a culture of trust, purpose, engagement, innovation and dedication in order to co-create, co-execute and co-operate as partners with the Business
- Collaborate with leadership to plan technology investments
- Handle vendors and internal service providers to ensure agreed to (SLA) Service Level Agreements are met
- Lead and develop staff with different technical backgrounds to work cohesively and as a single unit to deliver growth and embrace automation and innovation
- Work closely with BU Leadership to plan, develop, and support solutions to meet or exceed their business objectives
- Promote and support improvement through the implementation and operational support of systems-based solutions, utilizing existing or new technology assets
- Support achieving goals and improve delivery efficiency and effectiveness via continuous monitoring of core metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), and other critical success factors
- Ability to nurture and grow the people on your team, helping them accomplish their career goals
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or other related fields
- 7-10 years of dynamically senior-level experience in Technology or Digital Systems
- 5+ years of proven leadership skills managing, guiding and developing Technical or Digital teams
- 5+ years of leading technology upgrades, migrations and modernizations
- Previous experience planning and crafting technology modernization roadmaps
- Expert ability in grasping new concepts and leading transformation in the organization.
- Superb communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills are required to handle conflicting priorities, establish achievable service levels and to build trust with the Business Owners.
- Strong project management skills and experience in crafting and managing project plans, including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Expert understanding of change management and release management processes
- Comfortable with Agile processes
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving ability
- Outstanding managerial and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Effective, versatile, and willing to take action
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada