At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
The Manager, Network Implementation BC will lead a team responsible for overall project delivery including new site installations, RAN upgrades, and transport solutions. The successful candidate must be highly collaborative, and capable of operating effectively in the project environment while developing and coaching a team of professionals and creating business opportunities.
- Develop, manage, and lead Delivery Managers, Specialists, and Coordinators in delivering access network projects and programs in the western region
- Build and foster relationships with municipalities, utilities companies, partners, suppliers, and internal stakeholders to secure long term success and business opportunities
- Effectively manage a budget and deliver against targets.
- Support stakeholders and remove roadblocks to ensure successful delivery of projects and programs including new macro wireless sites, RAN upgrades, in building systems, transport solutions, and small cells in a semi-matrix environment
- Assess potential project risks and identify and apply solutions that enable the success of the team
- Build and drive a collaborative culture aligned to governance processes
- Lead, manage and motivate team by mentoring, coaching, and supporting development plans
- Understand and implement concepts of continuous improvement.
- Undergraduate University Engineering degree
- PMP and Six Sigma certifications preferred
- Seven+ years of progressive and broad network implementation experience in a Wireless or Telecommunications environment.
- Five+ years leading or managing a team with a track record of delivery and success.
- Understanding of wireless and wireline network functionality, principles, standards and technology trends.
- Ability to plan, execute, track and report on multiple simultaneous initiatives with varying priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical, investigative, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication (written and verbal), negotiation and facilitation skills with various audiences.
- Must have the ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and align teams.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and build alignment around what has been prioritize
- Expert problem solving, troubleshooting decision making skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
Leadership Attributes & Other Critical Competencies:
- Established leader with ability to motivate a team to achieve positive results.
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success.
- Ability to execute against multiple projects; results-oriented work environment.
- Supports and strengthens the corporate brand and company culture.
- Collaborative leader with demonstrated ability to impact and influence across various functions and groups at all levels of an organization.
- Brings a high degree of initiative, is able to work in an ever changing environment, and is able to manage ambiguity and relentless focus on prioritizing and balancing multiple stakeholder goals.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to effectively lead a team to achieve short term and long term business results.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
- Address 4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4W4