Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
The Manager of Health & Safety will support the resort Health & Safety strategy; they will assist in managing, planning, and supporting all aspects of Health & Safety at the resort operations level. This position will work closely with Health & Safety leadership, resort operational managers, and corporate leadership to manage and support a Health & Safety culture that achieves world class safety performance. This position will work cross functionally to support and cultivate safety programs and ensure they are properly vetted. This position may collaborate with external partners, community leaders, and regulators in supporting the resort as well as the Company’s core value of Be Safe.
- Support the company’s Health & Safety strategy to achieve world class Health & Safety performance within the travel and leisure Industry. Responsible for the management of:
- Safety Trainings
- Audits and Assessments results and compliance
- Resort Safety Programs and Compliance
- Advising and coaching front line leaders on Health & Safety initiatives
- Emergency Preparedness
- Accident Investigations, debriefing as well as Internal and External notifications
- Be an unbiased leader and voice for resort leadership so they understand the risks and opportunities to drive, improve, and then maintain superior safety performance for guests and employees.
- Will assist and provide guidance and leadership for all safety department members. Will act as the senior member of the Safety Department in the absence of the Sr. Manager.
- Develop an understanding of the core business needs and historic/current/predictive safety metrics in order to adjust safety strategy accordingly.
- Address compliance and regulatory safety as well as risk management trends and regulatory focus areas as directed by the Senior Manager and/or Director.
- Engage with local, provincial and federal officials as necessary to support Health & Safety Compliance and best practices.
- Drive, influence, and support the Company’s Health and Safety strategy to achieve world class Health and Safety performance within the travel and leisure industry.
- Advise and support the Regional H&S Director and H&S Senior Manager, and all operations including but not limited to: Mountain Division, Hospitality and VRR
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience working in Health and Safety or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience managing staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs including Excel, Word and Teams
- Strong skier/snowboarder
- Current Occupational First Aid Level 3
- Ski industry/Whistler Blackcomb knowledge an asset
- Degree in Health & Safety related field
- Experience analyzing, and advising on safety data analytics
- Experience leading and implementing change
- Ability to communicate in a tactful, professional manner both in writing and verbally
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to remain calm and make sound decisions during emergency situations
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 293867
- Address 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C, Canada