Quest University Canada seeks a temporary full-time Manager of Human Resources to oversee planning, designing, developing and evaluating human resource-related initiatives that support the University’s strategic goals. The Manager of Human Resources serves as a resource to employees and the leadership team in all areas of human resources including: provincial and federal government laws and legislation; procedures and policies; recruitment and retention; occupational health and safety; compensation; benefit plans; orientation and training programs; and employee & labour relations. This role reports to the Vice President, Finance and Operations.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably business related, with a specialization in human resources or a related discipline;
- Certified Professional in Human Resources designation an asset;
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in progressively more senior HR roles, preferably with experience in a post-secondary education environment;
- Ability to develop and implement organization-wide HR programs with sustained success;
- Exceptional communication and change management skills;
- Leadership experience with demonstrated ability and success in accomplishing objectives through innovative management techniques, promoting teamwork, collaboration and continuous improvement;
- Sound judgment, as well as direct HR experience and knowledge in methods and techniques for conflict resolution, negotiation, mediation, recruitment, training, employee development and performance management;
- Labour relations experience, particularly in negotiating collective agreements;
- Develop and maintain high levels of reliability, credibility, integrity and tact;
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity and develop and maintain strong relationships;
- Policy and resource management experience;
- Critical thinking skills to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, identify and communicate consequences of proposed actions, recommend best options and implement approved solutions in support of goals; and
- Ability to work effectively within Quest’s organizational structure, and in compliance with administrative, legislative and financial policies and regulations.
Quest is an independent, not-for-profit liberal arts and sciences university that opened its doors 2007. Our campus is situated amidst the Coast Mountains in Squamish, midway between Vancouver and Whistler. Built to prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century, Quest’s innovative academic program, highly engaged student population, and outstanding faculty are gaining world-wide recognition. Quest offers a competitive salary and a dynamic workplace. For more information about Quest, visit us online at www.questu.ca.
Note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the successful candidate may be expected to work remotely until Quest deems it safe for employees and students to return to campus.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and your resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: April 5, 2021
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Quest University Canada respects and encourages diversity. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants who have been given consideration for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 3200 University Blvd, Squamish, British Columbia V8B 0N8, Canada
- This job has expired!