Closing Date: May 30, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Reporting to the Director, Information Security, the Manager, Security Operations will be responsible for the deployment, operation, and maintenance of Teck’s cyber security technology and systems.
Teck places great reliance on technology and systems to underpin our detective and response controls and systems, with an ever-increasing reliance on automation across the organization to deliver effective DFIR capabilities.
The successful candidate will be skilled in platform operations, maintaining sophisticated security systems to a very high level of availability and quality, applying an agile methodology to continual improvement, increasing capabilities, decreasing manual steps and improving investigative capabilities.
- Platform Operations: The Security Operations Team is responsible for the operation of all Teck’s DFIR (Detection, Forensics and Incident Response) tools and platforms. Through applying an agile framework, the team will continually improve the platforms to ensure continued improvements. This work will include tuning, implementation of new, and updating of existing use cases, and automation.
- Incident Support: The Security Operations Team provides tool and technology support to active incidents and the tuning of all detection systems to eliminate false positive and ensure appropriate enrichment of data.
- Operational Excellence: In support of Operational Excellence, the Security Operations Team will maintain KPI and performance measures across the Information Security Team and provide regular updates and reporting to the Operational Excellence function.
- Maintaining a well secured environment is essential to ensuring that everyone goes home safe and healthy every day. This role is critical to that goal.
- 10+ years of experience covering platform operations, security platform management, security automation and incident response
- 5+ years cyber security expertise
- 2+ years working within an agile framework, applied to operational improvement
- CISSP, CISM or other similar security certifications would be preferred
- Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligence
- Effective time management skills, effectively balancing many different tasks
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (written/verbal) would be a strong asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada