Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
In this role the Materials Specialist will be responsible for maintaining inventory levels, order management and replenishment of Patient Service Centers, Physician Offices and Laboratory departments as applicable. Demonstrates LifeLabs Values in all activities.
- Maintain and monitor appropriate inventory levels in central stores, PSCs, Physician Offices and Laboratory departments.
- Provide customer service and support in all aspects of Materials Management for PSC, Laboratory staff and external customers. Effective troubleshooting and resolution of materials management issues. Supply empty bio-hazard and chemical waste containers to the lab as needed.
- Monitor maintenance of the storage carousel and inventory shuttle, where applicable.
- Receive material orders and ensure all goods are received in an acceptable condition.
- Ensure compliance to standard processes and required regulations for the ordering, receiving, storage and distribution of materials within all sites.
- Train PSC, distribution and laboratory staff in the use of inventory control systems as applicable.
- Effective contributor to Diagnostics Materials Management and Lean Sigma Deployment teams.
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce materials costs in the areas of consumption, waste and product design.
- Follow-up on and resolve service and problem issues.
- Identify incidents and non-conformances; escalate as appropriate
- Ensure confidentiality of patient information.
- Use personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, lab coats) as specified in EHS procedures.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
- Laboratory environment.
- One to two years materials management experience, preferably in a lab environment;
- 3yrs experience in an inventory management role
- Working experience or understanding of MRP and ERP and Lean Manufacturing an asset.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs consistently, to shoulder height. repetitive movements and bending, turning and kneeling, as well as walking required
- Ability to work autonomously
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word, experience with Oracle an asset
High School Diploma or equivalent
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 120 million diagnostic tests for approximately 20 million patient visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.