Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
We need people who can wear a lot of hats. Oh, and a headset. Our Call Centre Representatives (aka Member Banking Specialists) in our Contact Centre help members with all kinds of things. As a Trusted Advisor, you will build and manage relationships with our members and provide them with Financial Advice. Like term deposits, RRSPs, even advice on what to make for dinner. Okay, that’s technically not in the job description. But it happens. More often than you think.
On any given day you may assist members with setting up their online banking, opening a Free Chequing account or adding overdraft protection. Or by anticipating the needs of our members, you may simply help them find the right person to answer their question, if their needs are beyond your expertise. Of course, you’ll also look for opportunities to provide members with more outstanding Coast Capital Savings products. Because, hey, we are a business. And part of our business is to generate more business. Luckily, our products are really good, helpful and competitive.
This job is a lot like being at the counter in a branch. Only you’re on the phone or using web tools. But still, it is similar. Because you’re still giving our members the friendly, helpful service they’ve come to expect from Coast Capital Savings.
What you’ll get to do:
- Get a natural high from delivering a positive and unexpected customer experience when interacting with members over the phone and via email
- Have fun engaging members by providing simple financial help
- Working as a high-performing team member within the closely monitored contact centre to ensure all checks and balances are completed around policies and regulatory requirements
- Proactively and creatively offer helpful solutions and alternatives to member inquiries
- Use your professional phone skills and active listening abilities all day while wearing a really cool headset
- Earn high-fives from your managers and peers for achieving sales and referrals targets in a needs based sales environment
Important details to note:
- Flexibility is vital. The contact centre operates 7 days a week, current hours of operation are: Monday to Saturday 7:30 am to 8:15 pm and Sundays 8:45 am to 5:45 pm
- Shifts are scheduled based on a set rotation and posted in advance.
- All positions start on Monday, May.17th/2021
- We are looking to hire 7 full-time positions (37.5 hours per week) and all candidates must be able to complete 4 weeks full-time training to start
- All positions are remote but depending on operational needs, this position may require you to work from our Head Office in Surrey, from one of our branches or from home.
Who are we looking for?
Here’s what you bring to our outstanding team:
- A minimum of one to three years’ experience in either in a call centre environment, in the financial services industry or in a related retail environment where you proved that achieving your sales targets was a slam dunk for you.
- Developing and Managing Relationships through effective Communication is key for this role. So your verbal and written English skills have to be great. If you speak Cantonese, Mandarin, and/or Punjabi as well, that would make our day. Maybe even our week.
- Ability to simplify when helping resolve member complaints is second nature to you
- You anticipate the needs of our members so you can provide the best Financial Advice
- You are resourceful and are a “self-starter” when it comes to working independently
- Superior technical aptitude, either helping our members navigate their on-line banking or learning a new technology will be easy-peasy for you and basic PC technical troubleshooting skills to help empower you to self-serve
- Advanced key boarding skills where your fingers fly over your keyboard
- Like Batman you use your quick thinking and analytical abilities to resolve potential conflicts
- Your “A” game helps to create and support a positive team environment
- The ability to learn quickly, apply your knowledge and receive timely feedback in a closely monitored environment
- The ability to have fun and maintain calm when pressured by time constraints in a fast paced business
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- Address 9900 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC