Title: Mobile Mortgage Specialist- Vancouver Island
Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Westshore
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
Why join our Mobile Mortgage team? This role gives you the flexibility you want along with a base pay and a commission pay structure. Yes you read correctly…Yearly Base Pay + Commission and not just on mortgages but earn commission on Investments, Visa and Insurance products. As part of our Mobile Mortgage team, you’ll use your super powers to help your members anytime and anywhere they need a mortgage. Your mission is to source residential mortgage business, build strong member relationships and bring those two pieces together to Coast Capital Savings. This unique role allows you to work from your home office, network extensively within your community and be recognized and rewarded with unlimited earning potential.
And you’ll have the power to do what’s best for the Members. Every day. Not just Sundays.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop a business plan with a goal of maximizing residential mortgage business and enhancing the member experience
- Write new mortgages and conduct prudent due diligence in the underwriting and documentation processes
- Seek out new mortgage leads and members by networking in the community and developing relationships with realtors, developers, builders and previous mortgage members
- Enhance the experience of existing members by helping them with the home buying process, their mortgage and their other financial needs
- Anchoring members to the appropriate delivery channel at Coast Capital for closing and cross sales
- Generating referrals to our other internal business units
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a self-starter who’s a strong lender and excited about working independently to grow a book of business and to reap the rewards of working hard. You love meeting new people and developing relationships focused on the member’s needs.
- You are highly motivated with demonstrated sales and lending skills and underwriting experience from your 3 – 4 years of related experience
- You have a strong sense of entrepreneurship as you want to build your own business in a fast-paced, competitive market
- You bring to the team a well-established network of realtors, builders, financial planners and other centers of influence
- You have a well-developed value proposition that sets you apart from other mortgage specialists
- You are proud of your verbal skills as you have the ability to take complex ideas and deliver a simple message
- You are flexible to work around your member’s schedules, whether it be evenings, weekends or during regular business hours
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- We improve Canadians’ financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work with modern LEED certified offices and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- We are a Certified B Corp®. Our certification reflects our strong commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- In 2019, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – two of the nation’s most coveted business awards, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.