At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Please note this position will service the greater Vancouver area in BC.
- Support capital build and network expansion by performing coordination, installation, and commissioning duties.
- Respond to corrective network problems, perform effective and efficient problem analysis, rapid troubleshooting diagnosis and prompt repair of equipment to ensure service restoral objectives are met.
- Coordinate with other technicians and departments as required to maintain service levels.
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance routines to ensure network standards of performance are being met.
- Perform cutovers and upgrades on the network as directed by work orders.
- Maintain "up-to-date" site documentation
- Perform acceptance tests and inspections on newly installed sites and equipment to ensure results meet design specifications.
- Gain in depth knowledge of key quality service indicators in geographic area of responsibility.
- Participate in retune activities associated with network optimization and build activities.
- Maintain inventory of required spare parts and perform regular audits to ensure availability of spares.
- Administrative reporting of mileage, timesheets, expenses, equipment and deficiency tickets etc.
- Maintain a safe work environment, meeting all health and safety requirements including compliance with health and safety policies, procedures, training and documentation.
- Perform call testing functions, including cellular coverage, hand-off, RSSI, dropped calls checks etc.
- Locate and isolate sources of radio interference.
- Maintain current documentation of network sites, complete trouble tickets, incident report and other required reports in a detailed and organized fashion.
- Shift work, overtime, and 24 hour on-call support is required on a regular rotational basis.
Experience and Education:
- 5 years of telecommunications experience.
- Diploma or certificate in Telecommunications from a recognized technical institute.
- Transmission experience with microwave, optical fiber, SONET and TCP/IP protocols.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated investigative, problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Standby, overtime and shift work required on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel and work at various sites as required.
- Must possess a valid British Columbia driver's licence and have a clean driving record.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
- Address 4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4W4